Tell us your interests.
Own the Dome is an overnight recruitment extravaganza for admitted students sponsored by the Office of Admissions and University 100. More than 500 admitted high school seniors will arrive on campus with their sleeping bags for a huge overnight party—and to decide if SU will be their college choice. They’ll spend the entire night being entertained and encouraged by current SU students, followed by a Spring Reception in Schine Student Center Monday morning.
YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
Join us for this celebration of the SU experience. Showcase the opportunities available to incoming students, and share the pride that grows as you become part of the worldwide SU community.
Own the Dome 2017
5 p.m. Sunday, April 2 to 7:30 a.m. Monday, April 3, 2017
How to get involved:
Assist with greeting, registration, group facilitation, team-building activities, supervision, directions, etc. Interact with prospective students as they learn more about life as an SU student. Keep it fun, safe, and informative.
Shifts: 4-7:30 p.m., 7-10 p.m., 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m., Midnight-7:00 a.m. Volunteer for one or two . . . or stay all night!
- Mandatory training will take place on March 29 from 4:30-5:30 or March 30 from 5:30-6:30. An additional 30 minute session will be held immediately following both sessions for volunteers selected as group facilitators. You only need to attend one training session.
- Dress casually and comfortably. You’ll be given a t-shirt to wear, and jeans are fine. No outside organization or greek letters should be worn during the event.
- Volunteers will be fed, and free parking near the Dome is available.
The volunteer registration period is now closed.
Perform an individual or group singing, dancing, speaking, or comedy routine at Own the Dome. Be creative and upbeat!
- Only student organizations (not individual student volunteers) may perform at Own the Dome.
- Auditions are mandatory.
- Limit performance to 5 minutes
- Music, content, and attire must be approved at the time of audition.
- Music must be provided at time of audition, on a labeled CD. No iPods or music may be submitted to Dome staff prior to the event.
The consideration period for performances is now closed.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.