ITS Nation Cyber Security Awareness Month NCSAM Computers Computing Shark and PhishingFederal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a part-time employment program. Students can work on- or off-campus, and wages vary depending on the position.

Work-study eligibility is awarded based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data and on funding availability. The Federal Work-Study award represents the amount you may earn during your term of enrollment through a work-study job.

FWS is not credited directly to your tuition account; instead, you work at the job’s hourly rate and receive a weekly paycheck for hours worked. The money received in a pay check may be used to pay for personal living expenses, toiletries, supplies, food, etc.

Finding a Job

To view the various work-study job openings and to complete required forms, visit the Syracuse University Human Resources Student Employment Office, or call 315-443-2268.

Reapply Annually

You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to apply for Federal Work-Study. Renewal of a Federal Work-Study award is based on funding availability and the financial need of the student.

To Decline Your Federal Work-Study Award

To reduce or decline your Federal Work-Study award, email the Financial Aid Office.


Non-Federal Work-Study Jobs

If you have not been awarded Federal Work-Study, but seek student employment, the Student Employment Office also lists non-Federal Work-Study jobs on their web site.