Tell us your interests.
Throughout your years at Syracuse University and beyond, you’ll make personal financial decisions that affect your day-to-day spending, and your long-term financial well-being.
To assist you in becoming more financially savvy, money management assistance is available from Syracuse University’s financial literacy program, “I Otto Know This!” This program will help you:
- Develop a budget
- Make good borrowing decisions
- Establish good credit
- Be a smart shopper
- Prevent identity theft
- Learn banking basics
Check out these program components:
- Student-to-student educators: Get your questions answered by meeting with a specially-trained mentor.
- Lifeskills Modules: Tap into money management skills using an interactive format.
- Money Awareness Program (MAP): Learn about Syracuse University’s initiative to replace loan debt with grant.
- Federal TEACH Grant: See if you’re eligible for these federal grants available to students enrolled in the School of Education who agree to teach high-need subjects to low-income students.
- Financial Counseling: Receive one-on-one counseling about your student loan borrowing in person with your financial aid counselor or student educator, email or call (315) 443-1513.
- Presentations: Arrange to have an educator speak to your group by email or call (315) 443-1513.