Tell us your interests.
Do you envision your career including any of the following?
- Designing web sites
- Managing the network infrastructure of a major sports stadium
- Strategically installing more efficient software at a Fortune 500 company
- Securing a hospital’s system of records
- Starting or running a business
If so, the iSchool’s Information Management and Technology (IM&T) degree program can help you get there. You’ll gain the skills you need to thrive and be a leader in virtually any industry you choose.
Focus on the needs of information users, learn the value of technology, and develop a flexible and highly portable set of skills for the 21st century workplace. You can choose from six concentrations.
Core coursework encompasses Global Enterprise Technology, Information Technology, Design and Startup, and Information Studies. Sample courses include:
- Digital Strategy and Analytics
- Global Issues in Cybersecurity
- Data Science
- Technologies in Web Content Management
- Information Management Consultation
- Data Mining
You can specialize in iSchool coursework or combine your degree with another major from one of Syracuse University’s eight other undergraduate colleges. The iSchool offers structured dual degree programs with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and the Martin J. Whitman School of Management.
- Select the Whitman option if you seek a working knowledge of business with the technical training in information systems. This combination will set you apart from standard business school graduates.
- If you’re interested in deepening your understanding of communications, consider Newhouse, where you can major in a variety of fields, including public relations, broadcast journalism, newspaper, or photography.
IM&T provides in-class and research opportunities. You’ll be able to combine management, technology, and communication skills in virtually any industry you choose.
- Participate in an internship with a company abroad or complete a State Department Virtual Internship.
- Collaborate with fellow students to solve difficult business problems at the ICE Box— the School’s innovative, shared work space.
- Spend spring break getting a firsthand look at the companies, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists, and their way of life (both personal and professional) in San Francisco and California’s Silicon Valley.
- Join one of the iSchool’s 17 student groups to enhance your undergraduate experience with social, service, and educational events.
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college years. Consistently ranked one of the top international education providers in the U.S., SU Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries. Many IM&T students gain global experience by attending EuroTech or AsiaTech as part of a short-term program or studying for a full semester abroad.
Life after Syracuse University
This degree will fully prepare you to succeed in high-demand positions including:
- Business analyst
- Database administrator
- Technology consultant
- Social media analyst
- Web designer
Or, pursue graduate training in such areas as information science, library science, and enterprise data systems. Recent graduates of the program have attended some of the top graduate schools in the U.S.
Contact the iSchool’s undergraduate recruiter, Stephanie Worden at: email@example.com.