Tell us your interests.
This section outlines what you need to do to complete your application if one of the following describes you:
- You are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and have attended an institution of higher education for any period of time after graduating from secondary school and received graded credit in academic coursework.
- You earned a high school diploma/GED, enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, and completed at least 12 credit hours
If you have taken college classes without enrolling in a degree program, or will have less than 12 credits when you plan to enroll at Syracuse University, you should apply as a first-year student. Transfer students are evaluated primarily on the basis of their college-level work. If you’re unsure of your status, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items to Complete Your Application:
- Online Common Application Form
- Syracuse University Writing Supplement (through Common Application)
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcript(s)
- Two Academic Recommendations
- Review College Requirements for any additional items that may be required for your application.
Information to Review:
- First, please review our Enrollment Options and Application Deadlines.
- Review our Transfer Requirements—note that if you have completed fewer than 30 credits of college-level academic coursework, you must also submit an official copy of your high school transcript along with official ACT/SAT score reports.
- When you have chosen an enrollment option and intended program of study, it is time to begin the Common Application.
- After you complete the Common App and SU Supplement, check to see if your college requires any additional materials: College Requirements