Tell us your interests.
This section outlines what you need to do to complete your application if you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, have graduated from high school, and have or are currently earning college credits.
We encourage all interested international transfer applicants to view or download our Viewbook for International Students (PDF).
International transfer students are encouraged to apply under the January 1 Regular Decision plan deadline to receive full consideration for admission and housing. Enrollment in some colleges and programs may be limited. International transfer applications will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee as they are received and become complete. Students wishing to apply for admission for the spring (January) semester are encouraged to submit their applications early in the fall (mid to late October).
To be admitted to Syracuse University, international transfer applicants must:
- Demonstrate sufficient academic preparation to achieve success in their studies at SU
- Demonstrate the ability to pay for all educational expenses.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English Language.
Items to Complete Your Application:
- Online Common Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Credentials
- Two Academic Recommendations
- Financial Support Information Form
- TOEFL or IELTS required. The SAT/ACT is optional for international students studying outside of the U.S. For more information , review our English Proficiency Requirements.
- Any items submitted by mail should be sent to the appropriate mailing address.
- When you have chosen an enrollment option and intended program of study, it’s time to begin the Common Application.
- Once the above items are completed, please review our College Requirements to find out if you need to submit any additional materials (portfolio, audition, etc).
- Ensure that all your transcript/academic credentials are submitted by mail. You may view our Credentials and Advanced Credit Policies for more information.
- Submit all required Proof of Funding financial documents and the Financial Support Information Form. (Non-U.S. citizens/Non-U.S. permanent residents only)
- Review all Visa and Immigration information.
- For more details about these items, review our Requirements for International Applicants.
- If you have further questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for International Students.