Tell us your interests.
Use this checklist if you will be an incoming first-year student, and currently attend high school in the United States (or if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident and studying outside the U.S.)
Items to Complete Your Application:
- Online Common Application
- Application Fee – $75*
- Official Secondary School Transcript
- Senior Year Grade Report
- Standardized Test Scores, SAT or ACT, including writing section (Syracuse University does not require or consider the SAT II subject tests). Both the old SAT and the new revised SAT will be accepted. If you are taking the new revised SAT, the essay is not required.
- Secondary School Counselor Evaluation
- Two Academic Recommendations
- Portfolio or audition (applicants to the School of Architecture or College of Visual and Performing Arts programs in art and design, drama, or music)
*If you are eligible for an application fee waiver you will be able to indicate this on the Common Application.
Information to Review:
- If you have not already chosen a program of study, check out the list of majors. You may apply to several of the schools and colleges as undecided.
- When you have chosen an enrollment option and intended program of study, it is time to begin the Common Application online.
- After you complete the Common Application, check to see if your college requires any additional materials: College Requirements
- Meet with your guidance or college counselor to discuss how your academic credentials will be sent to Syracuse University.
- Check out our list of Common Application FAQs.
For Early Decision Applicants Only
- If you will be applying to Syracuse University under Early Decision (ED or EDII), then you must complete and submit the Early Decision Agreement through the Common Application or complete the ED Agreement PDF and submit by mail, fax to 315-443-8427 or email to email@example.com. As an ED candidate, you agree to enroll at Syracuse University if admitted to your preferred college. You may apply to other colleges and universities through regular decision, with the understanding that you will withdraw these applications if admitted to Syracuse University.
For College of Arts and Sciences/Discovery Florence/Strasbourg Applicants Only
- If you are applying to The College of Arts and Sciences and wish to be considered for the Discovery Florence, Madrid, or Strasbourg first-semester study abroad programs, you must indicate this on the Common Application. Due to visa application requirements, students applying to a Discovery Program for the fall 2016 semester must be at least 18 years of age by July 1, 2016.
For Homeschooled Students Only
- Please review our Requirements for Homeschooled students, then contact our office by phone (315-443-3611) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need more information.