Tell us your interests.
Some colleges require additional materials for admission
School of Architecture – portfolio required
Please note – you may have your portfolio review in person, submit online through SlideRoom, or submit by mail.
The College of Arts and Sciences
- Discovery Programs: to apply for Discovery Florence, Madrid, or Strasbourg, you will indicate your interest and choice of location on the Common Application after you select your desired academic program through The College of Arts and Sciences. Due to visa application requirements, students applying to a Discovery Program for the fall 2017 semester must be at least 18 years of age by July 1, 2017.
- Maxwell Program in Citizenship and Civic Engagement: if you select this major as your desired academic program under the College of Arts and Sciences, you will then be prompted to respond to a short essay question on the “Other Information” page in the Common Application.
School of Education – no additional requirements
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Required high school coursework:
- Four years of college preparatory mathematics (including precaculus and/or calculus)
- Laboratory Science (including physics)
- Please submit at least one academic recommendation from a math or science teacher
David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics – no additional requirements
School of Information Studies – no additional requirements
Martin J. Whitman School of Management – no additional requirements
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications – no additional requirements
College of Visual and Performing Arts
- School of Art/School of Design/Department of Transmedia– portfolio required (If you do not intend to have your portfolio reviewed in person, submit through SlideRoom portal of the Common Application)
- Department of Drama – audition or portfolio required. If you are considering applying for the musical theater program you must submit a prescreen audition prior to applying. Prescreen auditions for musical theater and final auditions for musical theater and acting can be done in person or submitted online through Accept’d. Portfolios for all other programs in the Department of Drama can be submitted online through SlideRoom or reviewed in person. Be sure to review carefully the instructions for submitting your audition or portfolio.
- Setnor School of Music – audition required (except for the Bandier Program). Auditions can be completed in person or submitted online through Accept’d.
- Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies – no additional requirements