Tell us your interests.
Falk College’s degree in Sport Management is your ticket into one of the largest and most exciting industries in the world. A combination of program-specific courses, professional electives, and liberal arts requirements positions you to turn your passion for sports into a rewarding career in:
- Sport Business and Finance: Procure and negotiate employment and endorsement contracts for athletes and teams.
- Athletic Event Planning: Organize and promote games, tournaments, fundraisers and other events on behalf of an organization.
- Facility Management: Oversee the operations of major arenas, sporting venues, and other facilities.
- Sports Organization Management: Coordinate and manage athletic teams and foundations.
Core coursework includes law, marketing, communications, and finance. Sample courses include:
- The Super Bowl: Sport, Culture and Entertainment
- Principles of Sport Hospitality Management
- Sports, Media and Society
- Olympic Odyssey
- Technology in Sport Management
- Sport in American Society
Sport management students develop their skills through a number of unique programs in addition to their academic coursework.
- Join the SPM Club — the largest student-run organization on campus, producer of the annual Charity Sports Auction to benefit local charities.
- Become a ‘general manager’ and work with SU Athletics as a member of ‘Cuse Crew.
- Complete a full-time, 12-credit capstone internship with organizations such as the U.S. Olympic Committee, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Rays, National Baseball Hall of Fame, IMG, Octagon Worldwide, ESPN, YES Network, International Tennis Hall of Fame, and the PGA Golf Tour.
- Learn in-game production including video, scoreboard, and stadium display operation. (The Falk College boasts the only opportunity for undergraduates to train on Daktronics in the United States.)
Broaden your perspective and enhance your resume with a study abroad experience during your college experience. Consistently ranked among the top 25 international education providers in the U.S., SU Abroad has more than 100 programs in 60 countries. Sport Management students most often study abroad in London, Athens, and Paris.
Life after Syracuse University
As a graduate with a degree Sport Management, you can begin a future as a:
- Sports Information Director
- Promotion Director
- Sponsorship Director
- Marketing and Sales Executive
Or, pursue graduate studies in law, communications, or business. Recent graduates of the program have attended some of the top graduate schools in the U.S.