Experience the American classroom without leaving home.
Are you an international student living in London or Madrid? Make the most of your gap year by earning academic credit, while also having flexibility and time to travel, work/intern and volunteer. The Syracuse Gap Year Program provides a combination of first-year courses and exciting electives, all transferable to most U.S. universities.
You can take up to three courses (nine credits), enabling you to enhance your academic credentials and explore a variety of career fields. You’ll take classes with American undergraduates and experience American culture and the education system.
- Available in fall (September-December) and spring (January-April)
- Interdisciplinary curriculum
- Non-residential program
Why Choose the Syracuse Gap Year Program?
- Enjoy small class sizes and personal attention in the classroom
- Experience American university culture and coursework
- Advising guidance is offered, a distinct advantage if you decide that an American education may be your best path
- Autumn and spring term options allow time for other gap-year activities
- Enhance your transcript with accredited coursework
- Non-matriculated/part-time status means you’ll be free to apply to other U.S. universities
- Gain a global perspective on education, business, politics, international relations, and more
- Experience the American educational system with no commitment to enroll in the future