Web chats for admitted students and families
Students (and their family members) who have been accepted into the Discovery Programs are invited to the following web chats. These events include staff from Admissions and SU Abroad, as well as Discovery ambassadors who took part in the program during their own first years at Syracuse. The ambassadors will be on camera and participants will type in questions. You can join these informal events at any point during the times listed below.
Wednesday, April 20: 6-8 pm Eastern Standard Time
To join the event, simply log onto https://webconference.syr.edu/discoveryprograms/ (log in as a guest). The chat room is only open during the specific hours posted above. For questions about Discovery programs or these web chats, please email Lisa Raney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set the tone for your college career with an inaugural semester in Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; or Strasbourg, France. Designed for select first-semester students with an interest in the arts, humanities, languages, international studies, or social sciences, Syracuse University’s Discovery Programs provide an international foundation that expands your:
- academic and professional options
- foreign language proficiency
- comprehension of global politics and issues
As a Discovery student, you’ll spend your first semester in Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; or Strasbourg, France before enrolling in classes on Syracuse University’s home campus the following January.
- You’ll enjoy small class sizes and specialized curriculum as you form strong bonds with fellow students.
- Your intellectual development and personal well-being will be nurtured by experienced faculty and international staff.
- Carefully-chosen home-stay living arrangements mean you’ll enjoy home-cooked meals and a deeper cultural immersion experience.
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel, volunteer, and to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Full-time staff members will assist with your transition to college life abroad.
The Discovery Program covers all first-year requirements needed by students on Syracuse University’s home campus. This means that when you transition to Syracuse in the spring semester, you will be on equal academic footing with your main campus peers.
Is Discovery Right for You?
You may be a good candidate for the Discovery Program if you…
- Wish to study abroad immediately, rather than waiting
- Are interested in the liberal arts
- Are a leader in your school and community
- Possess intellectual curiosity and are ready for a transformative experience
- Love to learn through doing and seeing
- Have international travel experience or a keen interest in it
- Will feel comfortable immersing yourself in a different culture
- Have the maturity to balance academics, travel, and living abroad
Already living in Europe?
Discovery Programs enable international students to transition into an American-style university experience while remaining closer to home for the first semester.
Want to know more? Contact us:
Lisa Raney, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions: email@example.com
Briana Rinaldo, SU Abroad Discovery Programs Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org